As an Aussie I have grown up having an idea of America, through what I have watched on television shows and movies. Aussies and Americans aren’t too disimilar. We live a fairly similar way of life. But it wasn’t until I spent 6 weeks in America that I realised that our cultures are waaaayy different.
The 7 biggest culture shocks were:
- Americans are so forward – if they like what you are wearing they will tell you. If they think you have gorgeous eyes, they will tell you.
- Far more patriotic – American flags everywhere!!
- The gap in the toilet cubicles are ridiculous – you might as well leave the door open!
- American’s live to work, Australians work to live
- Freedom is everything and you work hard for your merits
- Music – new and upcoming artists, hip hop, you name it! Aussie music is not keeping up with the times!
- Car scene – SUV ins NYC vs everything and anything in LA
I can’t wait to learn more about America, perhaps next year?
What are your thoughts?
Love and light,